As a Senior Mechanical Drafter you will have the opportunity to work alongside, or independently in all phases of the design, documentation and coordination of pneumatic tube systems for the healthcare industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the proper implementation of customer design requirements into engineering documents that will be used for product manufacturing and installation documents
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information
- Work closely with Project Management in handling designs and drawings
- Interacts with clients to convey project design and identify functionality improvements
- Generates design layouts and detail drawing in 2D and 3D
- Work within company CAD standards, design standards, and specifications to prepare designs in conjunction with other design disciplines
- Prepare 3D/BIM models and layouts
- Participate in BIM coordination team meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related graphic discipline
- 2-5 years of experience with design and documentation utilizing CAD/BIM software including
- Bentley – Microstation
- Autodesk – Navisworks
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work within a project team environment
- Complete and thorough knowledge of CAD documentation and Building Information Modeling (BIM) protocols
- Competent knowledge of construction terminology, methodology and processes.
- This position requires work to be executed at Pevco’s Baltimore office
- Travel to project sites may be required to perform site surveys and or to work with integrated design teams
- This position requires extended periods of time working with CAD/BIM software in an office environment
- Site visits may require the use of a ladder and may be within existing conditioned spaces or facilities under construction.
- Duties will require the ability to lift 25 lbs.
Director of Engineering and Contracts Management